BTS's 'Map Of The Soul: 7' Is The No.1 Selling Physical Album Of 2020 In The US
The South Korean Grammy-nominated band BTS scores the No. 1 spot on the top-selling physical albums of 2020 in the United States, one of the music industry's biggest markets.
BTS's Map of the Soul: 7 earns big in 2020
The Korea Herald delightedly reported the data released by MRC Data (formerly known as the Nielsen Music) that shows the year-end report for 2020. That said, the band's fourth Korean-language album entitled Map of the Soul: 7 is named the highest-selling physical album in the United States.
MRC Data's list dated January 3 to December 31 as its tracking period, showing the domination of BTS unlike any other.
Aside from Map of the Soul: 7, BTS's latest album entitled BE finishes on No. 5 with 252,000 sales. On the other hand, Map of the Soul: 7 earned 646,000 sales.
Here is the full list of albums with the most physical sales:
1. BTS's Map of the Soul: 7 - 646,000
2. Taylor Swift's Folklore - 482,000
3. Harry Styles's Fine Line - 365,000
4. Billie Eilish's When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - 281,000
5. BTS's BE - 252,000
6. NCT 127's Neo Zone - 249,000
7. Kenny Chesney's Here and Now - 244,000
8. Queen's Greatest Hits - 233,000
9. Carrie Underwood's My Gift - 221,000
10. The Beatles' Abbey Road - 202,000
BTS is the big winner of digital songs sales of 2020
Aside from earning whopping sales under the physical albums, the K-pop septet also is the No. 1 artist on the digital songs list 2020. Soompi stated that Dynamite has 1.26 million downloads during the tracking period mentioned above, making it the No. 2 best-selling digital song of 2020 in the country.
Check out the full list below:
1. BTS's Dynamite - 1.26 million
2. The Weeknd's Blinding Lights - 580,000
3. Gabby Barrett's I Hope - 351,000
4. Tones and I's Dance Monkey - 339,000
5. Megan Thee Stallion's Savage - 336,000
6. Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion's WAP - 300,000
7. Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo's Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - 299,000
8. Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani's Nobody But You - 288,000
9. Post Malone's Circles - 281,000
10. Maroon 5's Memories - 264,000
- K-pop Fandom Sites Are At Great Risk: Consider Warned
- BLACKPINK And Crush Defeated By Baek Ye Rin In Vinyl LPs Sales For 2020
- Big Four Entertainment Agencies Announce Debut Plans For New Idol Groups This Year