December is always a particular time for K-pop fans as it marks award season along with some incredible performances to remember.

As announced on November 11 by Soompi, the 2020 Melon Music Awards will be taking place on December 5. The said event will be an untact ceremony broadcasted online owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Before the event, from December 2 and end on December 5, fans will be treated with MMA Week.

Who Can Receive The Awards?

Melon's official website announced with regards to the awarding. It divulged the 40 nominees that are in the running for this year's Top 10. Those qualified for the award per criteria only pertain to artists who released music only between November 30, 2019, and November 10, 2020.

The weekly Melon Popularity Awards results choose the nominees through Melon weekly charts and votes. Also, helping the selection is the Melon download and streaming counts of the artists.

This year's final Top 10 will be selected by combining 80% based on Melon download and streaming counts, and the remaining 20% is based on fan votes.

2020 Melon Awards Nominees Vying For Top 10

This year's 40 nominees who are in the run for the Top 10 of MMA 2020 include Apink, Baekhyun (EXO), Baek Ji Young, Baek Yerin, BLACKPINK, BOL4, BTS, Crush, Davichi, Deepflow, Gaho, (G)I-DLE, and Hwasa (MAMAMOO).

Other K-pop groups which can be voted by fans are ITZY, IU, IZ*ONE, Jeon Mi Do, Jessi, Jo Jung Suk, Joy (Red Velvet), Kim Ho Joong, Lee Hi, Lim Young Woong, M.C the MAX, NCT 127, Oh My Girl, OVAN, Paloalto, and Red Velvet.

Ultimately, Sandeul (B1A4), SEVENTEEN, Simon Dominic, SSAK3, Suho (EXO), Taeyeon (Girls' Generation), The Quiett, TWICE, Young Tak, YUMDDA, and Zico (Block B) are also in the run for the 2020 MMA top 10.

Meanwhile, the 2020 MMA voting is open from November 11 to November 20. And on November 21, the nominees of the MMA 2020 category awards will open the poll.