Staff reveal testimony that Seo Ye-ji treated staff like maids and sent them on cigarette errands
Staff members A and B have come forward with testimony of actress Seo Ye-ji's 'gapjil' [power trip].
On April, a post titled "Seo Yeji's 'gapjil' exposed in the comments" was shared on Pann. A user asked, "Is Seo Yeji's personality good? I like her but I'm curious about her personality."
A netizen replied to the comment and stated, "I worked with Seo Ye-ji. She's someone that likes to work with people she's comfortable around so she trampled on her staffs character. All the staff members were told that they had to match her. Whenever staff quit, she never forgot to threaten them with her comments. She often vented her anger and would say, "this floor is small, be careful with your mouth I can make it impossible for you to keep working here."
"She often bragged about going to an aristocratic school in University of Spain. I guess she was a mythomaniac because I heard directly from people's mouths that she never actually attended there. Seo Ye-ji was arrogant ever since she was a rookie from the first time I worked with her. Anyone around her that worked with Seo Ye-ji gradually left because of the abuse. It was a really hellish time in my life."
Another staff came forward and revealed, "She always smoked in the car and made us run cigarette errands pretending to be a simple person that likes basic concepts. I made a mistake once and didn't follow her to bathroom when I was on my lunch and she blew cigarette smoke in my face, cursed me out saying f*** . She'd say things like "what if someone kidnapped me? You guys should be protecting me and block any cars coming my way." She didn't allow us to record anything and sometimes did "phone tests". It's not like celebrities are government officials but seeing that, I realized how important it was to have a recording. She treated staff like maids and acted like we were dogs and pigs. She scolded me once after filming was over that I cried so much on the way home from all the abuse."
"She threatened us a lot and told us to "watch our mouths." I can't believe someone like her with a personality that couldn't be bothered with staffs came out on TV. It's disgusting. If she doesn't think what she did was wrong then I'd like for her to explain logic of her actions and what she did to staff."
In the meantime, Seo Ye-ji released a statement on the 13th through her agency and denied all rumors of bullying and controlling Kim Jung-hyun's action on the set of 'Time' following Dispatch's report. She also stated that "she prepared for admission to Madrid-based University of Complutense but failed to attend after debuting as an actress in the industry."
- [+2,087, -47] So just like Irene. I just don't get it. You don't know that doing that to staff is bad? Or did she think the rumors won't come out. ╋ Wow, it's up again.. Seo Ye-ji did an interview and said she almost died because the director exposed her to briquette gas during filming. The film ended up getting ruined and got cancelled after people started boycotting it. The director cursed her for it and story got buried. And then rumors came out that there was no smoke there and no one made her film with briquette gas. The director asked Seo Ye-ji for clarifications but never once exposed her. He endured it all to the end, it still remains a big trauma for him. A while ago, an entertainment reporter did a broadcast on YouTube and checked the facts. Here's the link guys, check it out https://youtu.be/r3G7ZYBQrgs
- [+1,879, -4] Let's start a major clean-up in the entertainment industry starting with this article. Looks like there are a lot people who's blood is boiling just looking at this post right now..
- [+1,097, -5] If this is true... it's really scary
- [+828, -3] I'm not saying this as a metaphor, she's seriously a sociopath. All these stories from the unni thing, Kim Jae-wook, Kim Jung-hyun, it's basically certain at this point
- [+744, -3] This is why we need to stop glorifying celebrities...I liked Seo Ye-ji too but her fans are seriously trash. They keep praising her no matter what as if she was some godly figure. And to think that as a rookie she treated her staff so poorly and looked down on them like that...hul~
- [+684, -3] I really hope that these revelations lead to a MeToo movement in the industry so that these dirty celebrities get filtered out and exiled
- [+414, -2] Director Kim Yong-ho said that Seo Ye-ji is the type of woman to do self-harm and suicide in order to get out of a scandal. People around her need to watch Seo Ye-ji and see what she does in the next couple days...
- [+368, -6] From the start I was aware how much of a sadist Seo Ye-ji was but to see her suffering now from how she treated men in her life makes me happy....she's queen of gas-lighting
- [+221, -1] Seo Yeji is really...weird. It's bizarre.. I've seen a lot of celebrity scandals but this is just...it's a bit weird
- [+72, -101] As if Jisoo didn't do that to staff
- Dispatch obtains texts that reveal Seo Ye-ji controlled Kim Jung-hyun's actions on set of 'Time'
- Seo Ye-ji deletes all SNS posts following Kim Jung-hyun abuse scandal
- Netizens reveal testimony that Seo Ye-ji slapped classmates in front of other kids and forged university certificate
- Seo Ye-ji denies rumors and states Kim Jung-hyun's actions were part of 'normal lovers quarrel'